*** Updated after four (4) years! Originally posted March 2013.***
Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. I decided to take a minute to tell you all a little about myself. For starters my name is Tenáj. You pronounce it Teh-nage (like mir-age). I hope that makes sense. No, it’s nothing super special or exotic. I used to get that question all the time. The short story is my bio-father liked the name Janet. My mom did not. So… he flipped it… and there it was.
I am the wife to a wonderful man (I refer to him as Mr., but I may change that.). I’ve been with him since I was 15 and was 17 years old. As of the date of this updated post it 20 years today. It amazes me how quickly that time has passed. We’ve been married for 13 years this past April. I thought when I was younger I couldn’t possibly love him more, but I’m still finding everyday I was wrong. I thank the Lord for him almost every day. He is an amazing covering over me and our family. I am blessed to be his help meet.
We have 3 children- A daughter (Little Miss, now Rai (Rye)), she’s 11 and a son (Papa Son, now Pops), he’s almost 9. We added our 3rd and final baby (Ducky, now Ladybug) May 2013. She’s now 4. I can not believe how time flies! It’s amazing, being a mom. What a blessing it is to be the chosen vessel to bring forth these amazing lives. “Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him.” (Psalm 123:3) For this I am eternally grateful.
I am a lover of the true and living God. He is my salvation. I don’t know where I would be without Him. The lover and keeper of my soul. I would go on to say more, but there are few words to really convey my eternal love and gratitude for His sacrifice. He carried all my sin to the cross, died, defeated death when He rose on the 3rd day, and then he left The Comforter. He continues to intercede on my behalf. Don’t know where I’d be without Jesus.
As of 2015, I’ve taken on the calling of birth work and decided to become a labor/birth doula. This is another amazing calling I am blessed to be able to answer. Childbirth is such a miraculous journey. I had to put it down for a while to focus on homeschooling my children, but have jumped back in and couldn’t be more excited! You can find more info at Birthing Arrows. If you’re pregnant and in So Cal, give me a holler.
I thought it might be fun to share a few things. Not exactly a Top 10, but the 1st 10 that come to mind.
10 More Things About Me:
1. I love to write.
2. I love to read. I love the joy of accomplishment when I finish a good book and the sadness when it’s over. I wish I had more time for it.
3. I love to teach. As if 2016, I’m a homeschooling mama to my 3. Outside of motherhood, there is no greater calling. I am blessed to be able to take on this role in our family.
4. I’m kind of a homebody, but I like to be out and about as well.
5. I love the taste of coffee. I drink it often. Not for the caffeine, but the flavor.
6. I am a Natural Living newbie. Making small changes here and there.
7. I am a Pinterest addict. This is my place of inspiration. I LOVE IT!
8. I wish I had more time to take care of ME. I’d love to keep polished nails, a snazzy hairdo, a cute outfit. I’ll learn.
9. Sometimes I get lonely. I’m sure this is not uncommon for SAHMs. Especially homeschooling SAHMs.
10. I love all things Office Supply. It’s another addiction. Thankfully, I have found a few who share in this joy.
10 Things I Like About Myself:
1. I am creative.
2. I am determined.
3. I am very hard on myself.
4. I’m a loyal friend.
5. I think I’m a good big sister. So far my brothers haven’t told me different. (I’m the oldest and only girl.)
6. I have a great ability to adapt to situations and circumstance.
7. I like to learn new things.
8. I am a fighter. Not physically, but I fight for what I want.
9. I have a great desire to be a better ME. I’m taking baby steps towards that goal.
10. I’m a great listener.
10 Things I Don’t Like About Myself:
1. I can be self-sabotaging.
2. I am very inconsistent. But not in all things. Mostly, when it concerns myself.
3. I am very hard on myself.
4. I waiver in the strength of my faith.
5. I am a master procrastinator.
6. I have awesomely grand ideas. Poor execution. See 1, 2, & 5
7. I need to do a better job instilling a personal relation with Christ into my children.
8. I could improve greatly on being a better wife to my husband.
9. I need to improve my time management.
10. I need to improve my own personal relationship with The Lord.
I may add to or change this list at a later time, but I just wanted to introduce myself. I hope you’ll do the same.
Here’s to getting to know you. Cheers!
Miracles & Blessings,