C-Section or Induction. Which would you choose?

I went to my OB today. At my last appt, 2 weeks ago, baby was breech. Upon ultrasound today, baby is still breech. I was shocked when my doctor quickly spoke of cesarean! I could’ve cried right then, but my husband and son happened to join me at this appointment today.

The doctor said if baby is still breech at my next appointment, 2 weeks from now, we will schedule a c-section for some time after my 37th week.

At 37 weeks I will have an External Cephalic Version (ECV) done if baby continues to be breech. The hope is if this procedure to turn baby is successful, I will be able to deliver naturally.

I have delivered 2 babies naturally. And this go ’round I was hoping to have a completely “natural” (drug free) delivery. With this possibly being my last baby, I wanted to make my dreams of “natural” birth a reality. No induction, no pain meds… Just me, my body, baby, and God.

I have 7 weeks to go before the procedure, if necessary. I’ll be praying in the meantime my little bundle of joy decides to turn.

What would you do? Have you ever been in this situation? At what point did baby decide to turn for you?

Please be kind. I could use all the positive input you’ve got.

Miracles & Blessings,

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “C-Section or Induction. Which would you choose?

  1. Pingback: 31 Weeks with 30 Week Mention | Sojourning Thru Life

  2. Pingback: 34 Weeks | Sojourning Thru Life

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s